When we see red spots on the skin we automatically call it a rash. Red spots on skin are indicative of other underlying problems that could be brought about by an adverse reaction of our skin to any allergens. Our skin is the largest organ of our body; it is a mantel of protection for our internal organs. A healthy and glowing skin is a sign of good health and wellness; it reflects our lifestyle and health habits.
Red spots on skin and skin rashes are the most common reaction of our skin when it is exposed to certain allergens or elements. Red spots on skin can sometimes be accompanied by itchiness, swelling, irritation while others can be accompanied with fluids. Most of us just brush it off, but it is still a good idea to observe it as it may be a symptom of some underlying problem. If this type of symptom persists it is best to consult a dermatologist.
Most red spots on skin appear as reaction to something we ate, we applied on our skin usually these would go away in short while, while others appear during pregnancy or under medication. They are commonly called skin rashes and are mostly treatable. There are also other causes of skin rashes.
- Occur as a cause of eczema, acne etc.
- Infections that are due to yeast and other fungal infections. It can also be indicative of a viral or bacterial infection.
- Topical products applied to the skin, if you are allergic to certain types of chemicals or ingredients that may be found in soaps, lotions, toners and other skin products this would be one of the adverse reactions to it.
- Red spots on skin brought by pregnancy etc.
- Allergic reaction to certain drug or medication.
- In-born, like birthmarks.
- Red spots on skin that occurs due to exposure to plants like poison ivy etc.
Red spots on skin that cannot be explained or you have noticed that has prolonged on your skin, or has been appearing on and off should be looked at by a professional. The treatment for this will depend on what has caused its appearance on your skin. But for common skin rashes, there are over the counter drugs that are available like; antihistamines, loratadines, diphenhydramines and other topical medications like calamine, camphor etc. Remember that these are temporary remedies and it is still best to consult a doctor or a dermatologist especially when this kind of symptom persists.
Some rashes are chronic skin problems brought about by acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. These are managed by prolonged and regular use of medication. Red spots on skin brought about these skin problems are also coupled with other symptoms. These appear on people at certain age groups or get aggravated under certain conditions like weather, exposure to certain elements and allergens.
An example of a bacterial form of skin rash is impetigo which is caused by staphylococus or strep, this is common in children. They usually appear as small red spots on skin with pus, but this is treatable with topical ointments and antibiotics. It is said that it can be caused by poor hygiene or not at all. While viral skin rashes that appear that are caused by herpes zoster, yeast infection etc. these types of skin break outs are usually contagious and exposure to other people carrying them will be prove to be a risk.
There are still a lot of skin problems that are not covered in this article, if you have noticed that you have red spots on your skin that have been there over a prolonged period of time and have been appearing on and off, you should consult a doctor immediately. It may be a symptom of some underlying illness or an indication that your body s fighting some type of infection or you have been exposed that has caused this. Never disregard a simple red spot on skin, it may be a common occurrence and would usually go away on its own, but there are some types of malady that have this as a symptom. So do further observation and consult a professional.
Incoming search terms:
- allergic reaction red spots
- allergic reaction spots
- baby allerigic reaction red spots
- red blotches due to allergic reactions
- alergic reaction to cream for dark spots
- red blothces from allergic reaction
- red spots from allergic reaction
- red spots from an allergic reaction
- red spots on skin from allergic reaction
- skin reaction causing red spots